Bumetanide Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bumetanide 1mg; scored tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Bumetanide Tablets:
0.5mg–2mg daily; max 10mg daily. Intermittent dosing optimal.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Anuria. Hepatic coma. Severe electrolyte depletion.
Hepatic cirrhosis. Ascites. Sulfonamide allergy. Progressive renal disease. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Monitor electrolytes, blood, liver function. Potassium supplementation may be needed. Potassium-losing nephropathy. Aldosterone excess. Discontinue if renal dysfunction progresses. Ventricular arrhythmias. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May increase digitalis, lithium toxicity. Hypokalemia with digitalis, diuretics in CHF. Alcohol, CNS depressants may increase orthostatic hypotension. Avoid probenecid, indomethacin. Ototoxicity may be potentiated with aminoglycosides.
Muscle cramps, dizziness, hypotension, headache, nausea, encephalopathy, ototoxicity, rash, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia, blood dyscrasias.
Formerly known under the brand name Bumex.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder