Generic Name and Formulations:
Bromfenac 0.075%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
Indications for BROMSITE:
Post-operative inflammation and prevention of ocular pain following cataract surgery.
≥18yrs: 1 drop in affected eye twice daily starting 1 day before surgery, continued on day of surgery, and for 14 days post-op. May be given with other topical ophthalmics (eg, alpha-agonists, beta-blockers, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, cycloplegics, mydriatics); administer at least 5 mins apart.
<18yrs: not established.
Bleeding tendencies. May slow or delay wound healing. Potential for cross-sensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid, phenylacetic acid derivatives, other NSAIDs. Complicated/repeat ocular surgeries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis. Diabetes. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Risk of corneal adverse events may be increased if used >24hrs before surgery, or beyond 14-days post-op. Contact lenses (remove during therapy). Pregnancy: avoid during late pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant topical NSAIDs and corticosteroids may potentiate healing problems. Caution with concomitant drugs that prolong bleeding time.
Anterior chamber inflammation, headache, vitreous floaters, iritis, eye pain, ocular hypertension; keratitis, corneal reactions (eg, epithelial breakdown, thinning, erosion, ulceration/perforation).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder