Drug comparisons for mood disorders such as bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, treatment resistant depression, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and others.
In pediatric patients with bipolar I depression, long-term treatment with lurasidone 20 mg/day is effective in reducing depressive symptoms.
Investigators compared set-shifting, decision making, and central coherence in patients with bipolar disorder, OCD, and comorbid bipolar disorder with OCD.
These findings indicate a significant modulative effect of social cognition on neurocognition and community functioning in bipolar disorder and thus may be relevant in titrating treatment in patients with varying social cognition levels.
Communities that favor consanguineous marriage should receive sensitive advice on the risks involved to aid in reproductive decision making.
These results highlight the potential utility of incorporating personality functioning assessments into bipolar disorder I treatment plans to fully restore global functioning during remission.
Researchers noted that therapeutic interventions focused on GDF-15 levels may decrease mortality risk and increase longevity in patients with bipolar disorder.
Patients associated with caregivers who received family-focused treatment also demonstrated a significant decrease in depressive symptoms compared with patients associated with caregivers in the control group.
Individuals of African ancestry are more likely misdiagnosed with a disease other than bipolar disorder.
Researchers characterized the psychopathological features in patients with type II bipolar disorder who experienced treatment-emergent mania after exposure to antidepressants.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Preop Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Tied to Bariatric Surgery Outcomes in Teens
- Meds With Depression As Adverse Side Effect Commonly Used
- Predictors of Long-term Medication Adherence in Children With ADHD
- Antipsychotic Treatment Linked to Adiposity Changes in Youth
- Exposure to Maternal Hypertension May Up Risk for ASD, ADHD in Child