Mixed and psychotic features and comorbid anxiety disorder were associated with poor treatment response in bipolar disorder.
The risk for mood disorders increases with the more sugar consumed from beverages and food.
Bipolar disorder in youth does not exhibit a cognitive worsening over time.
New bipolar I disorder treatment Abilify Maintena is only required once a month.
Childhood trauma modulates the effects of bipolar disorder on the amygdala and hippocampus by causing an increase in the volumes of gray matter.
Pregnant women with bipolar disorder receiving psychotropic medication did not experience less functional impairment and symptom burden.
Bipolar disorder probability in the offspring of a parent with BP was assessed by a risk calculator.
Bipolar disorder was connected to both sexual distress and overall quality of life.
In bipolar disorder, neurocognitive impairment needs to be considered a therapeutic clinical target to improve psychosocial functioning.
Manic relapse in bipolar disorder is connected to thyroid disease.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Early Detection Markers of Alzheimer's Disease Possibly Identified
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Inferior to Escitalopram
- Illicit Cannabis Use Among Adults Up Due to Medical Marijuana Laws
- Memory Training Opportunities Exist for Patients With Schizophrenia
- APA: Medical Discrimination Based on Size Psychologically, Physically Harms Patients
- Criteria For Identification of Smartphone Addiction
- Bipolar Disorder: Childhood Trauma Modulates Impact on Amygdala, Hippocampus
- Psychiatric Evaluations: Questions on Suicide Need to Be Rephrased
- Subsequent Suicide Attempts May Be Reduced by Emergency Department Interventions
- Elevated Levels of Childhood Adversity in Patients with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Widespread Pain
- Prescription Opioid Misuse Remains a Persistent Problem
- Revised Treatment Guidelines for Pediatric Acute Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome
- Long-term Response to Prophylactic Mood Stabilizers in Bipolar Disorder
- Medically Supervised Withdrawal, an Option for Pregnant Women Addicted to Opioids
- Navigating the Thin Line Between Identification & Intimacy With Patients