The frequent comorbidity of bipolar disorder and alcohol use disorder presents a significant challenge for clinicians managing patients with these conditions.
Safety and efficacy of lurasidone monotherapy were assessed in children and adolescents with bipolar I depression.
The Oregon Foundation for Reproductive Health recommends that all medical providers ask all female patients of reproductive age if they plan to become pregnant in the next year.
Patients with bipolar I disorder without relapse after 1 year of first treatment had improved neurocognitive functioning.
Abstinence-contingent incentives improved smoking cessation outcomes among economically disadvantaged smokers with mental illness.
Bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder reflect alternate expressions of the same underlying disorder.
The benefits of psychoeducation for patients with bipolar disorder were mediated by perceived change in illness.
Venlafaxine was superior to lithium in reducing symptoms of both bipolar II depression and anxiety.
A schizophrenia-related polygenic-risk score association gradient was identified across bipolar disorder phenotypes.
The severity of psychotic symptoms in patients with bipolar affective disorder correlated inversely with the response to lithium therapy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anhedonia and Suicidal Ideation Linked Independent of Major Affective Disorders
- Rarity of Late-Onset ADHD: Symptoms Linked to Other Causes
- Cognitive Insight Impairment May Precede Neurocognitive Decline in Schizophrenia
- Trump Administration Provides the CDC With a List of Banned Words, Phrases
- Expert Perspective: Link Between Depression and Mortality in Cancer Patients
- Amber Lenses Before Bed Improve Insomnia Symptoms
- Pregnancy and Bipolar Disorder: Expert Interview With Leena Mittal, MD
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence May Mediate Future Hypomania
- Lurasidone Monotherapy Safe, Efficacious in Children, Adolescents With Bipolar Depression
- Sleep Disruption May Lead to Increased Beta Amyloid Production
- Examining Duration of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Sessions for Depression
- Pretreatment Functioning Associated With Anxiolytic Efficacy of Vortioxetine
- AAN Issues New Guidelines for Treatment of Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Quality Improvement Intervention Improves Documentation of Geriatric Transitions in Care
- Sexual Harassment: Response to a National Crisis