Pharmacological and optogenetic inhibition of ventral pallidum neurons during cue presentation impedes reward-seeking behavior.
Mental health conditions, like binge eating disorder and depression, are common among patients undergoing bariatric surgery.
Lifetime prevalence of developing diabetes in this population highest among males.
The Binge Eating Disorder Screener-7 (BEDS-7) is a concise, patient-reported screening tool.
Mean one-year health care costs for a binge eating patient was $33,716, compared with $19,548 for patients without an eating disorder.
Patients taking Vyvanse experienced a decrease in the number of binge eating days per week.
In higher doses, Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) helped to curb binge eating.
Psychotherapy is useful in treating bulimia and binge eating, while anorexia remains the most difficult eating disorder to tackle.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Patient Perception of Provider Engagement Impacts Progress