The results from this trial follow similar positive findings from a flexible-dose study of dasotraline.
Binge-eating disorder relapse risk with lisdexamfetamine was markedly lower than with placebo.
Binge eating disorder is the most common eating disorder in adults and has the potential for serious health implications if left untreated.
Researchers have assessed the questionnaire's ability to identify binge eating disorder.
It is important to recognize symptoms of binge eating disorder and have a conversation with your family doctor about your relationship with food.
Pharmacological and optogenetic inhibition of ventral pallidum neurons during cue presentation impedes reward-seeking behavior.
Mental health conditions, like binge eating disorder and depression, are common among patients undergoing bariatric surgery.
Lifetime prevalence of developing diabetes in this population highest among males.
The Binge Eating Disorder Screener-7 (BEDS-7) is a concise, patient-reported screening tool.
Mean one-year health care costs for a binge eating patient was $33,716, compared with $19,548 for patients without an eating disorder.
Patients taking Vyvanse experienced a decrease in the number of binge eating days per week.
In higher doses, Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) helped to curb binge eating.
Psychotherapy is useful in treating bulimia and binge eating, while anorexia remains the most difficult eating disorder to tackle.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Minocycline vs Routine Care for Clinical Symptom Improvement in Schizophrenia
- Insomnia in Borderline Personality Disorder May Increase Suicide Risk
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Psychotropic Medication May Reduce Symptoms and Improve Functioning in PTSD
- Social Decline a Predictor of Conversion Outcome in High-Risk Individuals
- Buprenorphine/Samidorphan Helpful in Refractory Depression