Pharmacological and optogenetic inhibition of ventral pallidum neurons during cue presentation impedes reward-seeking behavior.
Mental health conditions, like binge eating disorder and depression, are common among patients undergoing bariatric surgery.
Lifetime prevalence of developing diabetes in this population highest among males.
The Binge Eating Disorder Screener-7 (BEDS-7) is a concise, patient-reported screening tool.
Mean one-year health care costs for a binge eating patient was $33,716, compared with $19,548 for patients without an eating disorder.
Patients taking Vyvanse experienced a decrease in the number of binge eating days per week.
In higher doses, Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) helped to curb binge eating.
Psychotherapy is useful in treating bulimia and binge eating, while anorexia remains the most difficult eating disorder to tackle.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sleep Disorders: How to Manage Headaches in Patients?
- Anxiety and ADHD in Patients With Single-Ventricle Congenital Heart Disease
- Alcohol Use Disorder Diagnosis Stable From DSM-IV to DSM-5
- Opioid Cravings Reduced by Medication from ER Visits
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Patients With HCV Cured of Infection