Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide dinitrate 20mg, hydralazine HCl 37.5mg; scored tabs.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for BIDIL:
Heart failure (HF) in black patients, as adjunct to standard treatment, to improve survival, prolong time to hospitalization for HF, and improve patient-reported functional status.
Limitations Of use:
Not established in NYHA Class IV HF.
Initially 1 tab 3 times daily, may reduce to ½ tab 3 times daily if not tolerated; titrate as tolerated after 3–5 days. Max 2 tabs 3 times daily.
Allergy to organic nitrates. Concomitant PDE5 inhibitors (eg, avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), or riociguat.
Correct volume/salt depletion prior to initiation. Hypotension. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Discontinue if syncope occurs. Give pyridoxine if peripheral neuritis occurs. Hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Severe hypotension with PDE5 inhibitors or riociguat.
Vasodilators (nitrate + direct-acting).
Headache (usually transient), dizziness, asthenia, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, sinusitis, tachycardia, paresthesia, amblyopia; SLE.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?