BICILLIN C-R 900/300 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Penicillin G benzathine 900,000 units, penicillin G procaine 300,000 units; per syringe; susp for deep IM inj; contains parabens.
Indications for BICILLIN C-R 900/300:
Susceptible moderately severe infections including respiratory, skin and soft tissue, erysipelas, scarlet fever, otitis media.
Use other strengths.
Give by deep IM inj into midlateral thigh or buttock. Group A strep: one inj of 900/300 once. Pneumococcal: one inj of 900/300 every 2–3 days until afebrile for 48 hours.
Avoid intraarterial, intravascular, and intraneural inj.
Not for IV use. Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Asthma. Monitor renal and hematopoietic function in prolonged use. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest.
Rash, drug fever, serum sickness, anaphylaxis, blood dyscrasias, neuropathy, nephropathy, inj site reactions.
C–R Tubex 600,000 units/mL (1mL, 2mL)—10 (w. 1 inch or 1.25 inch needles); C–R disposable syringe 600,000 units/mL (4mL)—10 (w. 2 inch needles); C–R 900/300 Tubex 1.2 million units/syringe (2mL)—10 (w. 1 inch or 1.25 inch needles)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV