BICILLIN C-R 900/300 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Penicillin G benzathine 900,000 units, penicillin G procaine 300,000 units; per syringe; susp for deep IM inj; contains parabens.
Indications for BICILLIN C-R 900/300:
Susceptible moderately severe infections including respiratory, skin and soft tissue, erysipelas, scarlet fever, otitis media.
Use other strengths.
Give by deep IM inj into midlateral thigh or buttock. Group A strep: one inj of 900/300 once. Pneumococcal: one inj of 900/300 every 2–3 days until afebrile for 48 hours.
Avoid intraarterial, intravascular, and intraneural inj.
Not for IV use. Do not admix with other IV solutions. Reports of inadvertent IV administration has been associated with cardiorespiratory arrest and death.
Not for IV use. Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Asthma. Monitor renal and hematopoietic function in prolonged use. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest.
Rash, drug fever, serum sickness, anaphylaxis, blood dyscrasias, neuropathy, nephropathy, inj site reactions.
C–R Tubex 600,000 units/mL (1mL, 2mL)—10 (w. 1 inch or 1.25 inch needles); C–R disposable syringe 600,000 units/mL (4mL)—10 (w. 2 inch needles); C–R 900/300 Tubex 1.2 million units/syringe (2mL)—10 (w. 1 inch or 1.25 inch needles)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age