Betaxolol Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Betaxolol HCl 10mg+, 20mg; tabs; +scored.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Betaxolol Tablets:
Initially 10mg daily alone or added to diuretic therapy; may increase to 20mg daily after 7–14 days; usual max 20mg daily. Elderly or severe renal dysfunction: initially 5mg daily.
Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Overt heart failure.
CHF. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Avoid abrupt cessation. Surgery. SLE. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased cardiac effects of calcium channel blockers, digitalis. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. May block epinephrine. May interfere with glaucoma screening tests.
Bradycardia, headache, GI upset, dizziness, arthralgia, fatigue, dyspnea, chest pain, pharyngitis, impotence, heart failure, bronchospasm.
Formerly known under the brand name Kerlone.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders