Generic Name and Formulations:
Levobunolol HCl 0.5%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride, sodium metabisulfite.
Indications for BETAGAN:
Open-angle glaucoma. Ocular hypertension.
1–2 drops of 0.5% 1–2 times daily. Remove contact lenses prior to administration; may reinsert 15mins later.
Bronchial asthma. Severe COPD. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock.
Mild or moderate COPD, bronchospastic disease; not recommended. Impair compensatory tachycardia. Increase risk of hypotension. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Choroidal detachment after filtration procedures. Diminished pulmonary function. Cerebrovascular insufficiency. Angle-closure glaucoma. Myasthenia. Withdraw gradually before surgery. Discontinue at first sign of cardiac failure. Vascular insufficiency (eg, Raynaud's phenomenon). Sulfite sensitivity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with systemic β-blockers, digitalis, calcium blockers, reserpine, phenothiazine-related drugs. Mydriasis with epinephrine.
Transient ocular burning, stinging, blepharoconjunctivitis, bradycardia, hypotension, iridocyclitis, headache, transient ataxia, dizziness, lethargy, urticaria, pruritus, decreased corneal sensitivity; systemic absorption (bronchospasm, cardiac failure).
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes