Generic Name and Formulations:
Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%, 5%, 10%; aqueous-base gel.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for BENZAC-W:
Initially apply to cleansed area once daily, increase to 2–3 times daily as tolerated.
Avoid eyes, mouth, and mucous membranes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
PABA sunscreens may transiently discolor skin.
Antibacterial + keratolytic.
Excessive drying, allergic dermatitis, may bleach fabrics or hair.
Gel—60g; Wash 5%—4oz, 8oz; 10%—8oz
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?