BENZAC AC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Benzoyl peroxide 5%, 10%; water-base gel.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for BENZAC AC:
Apply to cleansed area 1–2 times daily.
Avoid eyes, mouth, mucous membranes, sun exposure. Discontinue if sensitivity or severe irritation develops. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antibacterial + keratolytic.
Excessive drying, allergic dermatitis, may bleach fabrics or hair.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children