BENADRYL ALLERGY OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphenhydramine HCl 25mg; caps; tabs; dye-free liq-filled softgels.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for BENADRYL ALLERGY:
Symptoms of upper respiratory allergies. Rhinorrhea/sneezing due to common cold.
25–50mg every 4–6hrs; max 300mg/day.
<6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 12.5–25mg every 4–6hrs; max 150mg/day.
Neonates. Premature infants. Acute asthma. Concomitant diphenhydramine products (including topicals).
Asthma and lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. Hyperthyroidism. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. GI or urinary obstruction. Sodium-restricted diet. Children. Pregnancy (Cat.B in 3rd trimester): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Potentiates anticholinergic effects with MAOIs.
Drowsiness, dizziness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Caps—24, 48; Tabs—24, 48, 100; Dye-free softgels—24; Allergy Liq—4oz, 8oz; Dye-free Liq—4oz; Inj—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders