Generic Name and Formulations:
Belinostat 500mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for BELEODAQ:
Relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
Give 1000mg/m2 once daily by IV infusion over 30 mins on Days 1–5 of a 21-day cycle; can repeat cycles every 21 days until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose modifications: Hematologic toxicities: if ANC nadir <0.5x109/L or platelet count <25x109/L: decrease dose by 25% (750mg/m2); discontinue if recurrent ANC <0.5x109/L or platelet count <25x109/L nadirs after 2 dose reductions; Non-hematologic toxicities: if any CTCAE Grade 3/4 reaction: decrease dose by 25% (750mg/m2); discontinue if recurrent CTCAE Grade 3/4 reaction after 2 dose reductions. Patients with homozygous UGT1A1*28 allele: initially 750mg/m2.
Risk of hematologic toxicity; monitor blood counts with differential at baseline and weekly during therapy; adjust dose as necessary. Active infection: do not administer. History of extensive or intensive chemotherapy: may be at higher risk of life-threatening infections. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor serum chemistry, renal and hepatic function before treatment and the start of each cycle; interrupt, adjust, or discontinue dose based on severity of hepatotoxicity. Tumor lysis syndrome; monitor patients with advanced stage disease and/or high tumor syndrome. GI toxicity; may require use of antiemetics and antidiarrheals. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat. D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant use of strong UGT1A1 inhibitors.
Histone deacetylase inhibitor.
Nausea, fatigue, pyrexia, anemia, vomiting; hematologic toxicity, infection, hepatotoxicity, tumor lysis syndrome, GI toxicity.
Single-use vial (30mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed