Most Recent Articles by Batya Swift Yasgur, MA, LSW
While it is known that tDCS can be an effective treatment for depression, researchers undertook this study to investigate the optimal duration of the stimulation sessions.
The frequent comorbidity of bipolar disorder and alcohol use disorder presents a significant challenge for clinicians managing patients with these conditions.
The Oregon Foundation for Reproductive Health recommends that all medical providers ask all female patients of reproductive age if they plan to become pregnant in the next year.
Children and adolescents with hearing loss may be more prone to developing depression, aggression, oppositional defiant disorder, conduct disorder, and psychopathy than their normally hearing peers.
Over the past 10 years, a strong research base has been mounting supporting the concept of a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder in teens.
More Articles by Batya Swift Yasgur, MA, LSW
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anhedonia and Suicidal Ideation Linked Independent of Major Affective Disorders
- Rarity of Late-Onset ADHD: Symptoms Linked to Other Causes
- Cognitive Insight Impairment May Precede Neurocognitive Decline in Schizophrenia
- Trump Administration Provides the CDC With a List of Banned Words, Phrases
- Expert Perspective: Link Between Depression and Mortality in Cancer Patients
- Amber Lenses Before Bed Improve Insomnia Symptoms
- Pregnancy and Bipolar Disorder: Expert Interview With Leena Mittal, MD
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence May Mediate Future Hypomania
- Lurasidone Monotherapy Safe, Efficacious in Children, Adolescents With Bipolar Depression
- Sleep Disruption May Lead to Increased Beta Amyloid Production
- Examining Duration of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Sessions for Depression
- Pretreatment Functioning Associated With Anxiolytic Efficacy of Vortioxetine
- AAN Issues New Guidelines for Treatment of Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Quality Improvement Intervention Improves Documentation of Geriatric Transitions in Care
- Sexual Harassment: Response to a National Crisis