Most Recent Articles by Batya Swift Yasgur, MA, LSW
Depressive symptoms in older women can be attributed to vasomotor symptoms.
Among older people with visual impairment, 57.2% are at risk for mild or moderate depression.
Clozapine-induced gastrointestinal hypomotility is a medical emergency that requires urgent attention.
Individuals with excessive trait anger are "more easily provoked by a wide variety of situations than people with low levels of trait anger."
Well-intentioned parents may not realize that it is terrifying for a youngster to be left without any parental direction, even if the child does not act scared.
More Articles by Batya Swift Yasgur, MA, LSW
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder