Bacitracin Zinc Ointment OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bacitracin zinc 500Units; per gram.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Bacitracin Zinc Ointment:
Help prevent infection of minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Adults and Children:
Apply small amount to affected area 1–3 times daily; may be occluded with bandage.
Do not use on large areas, serious burns, deep/puncture wounds, animal bites, or eyes. Discontinue if condition persists or worsens. Reevaluate after 1 week.
Rash, other allergic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses