Generic Name and Formulations:
Bacitracin 50,000units/vial; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution.
X-GEN Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for BACIIM:
Susceptible infections due to staphylococci, including pneumonia and empyema in infants.
Give by IM inj into upper outer quadrant of buttocks. Infants: <2.5kg: 900units/kg per day in 2–3 divided doses; >2.5kg: 1,000units/kg per day in 2–3 divided doses.
Renal impairment. Monitor renal function before and daily during therapy; discontinue if renal toxicity occurs. Ensure adequate hydration.
Avoid other nephrotoxic drugs (eg, aminoglycosides, polymyxin B, colistin).
Nephrotoxicity (eg, albuminuria, azotemia, cylinduria), nausea, vomiting, rash, inj site pain.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa