AZO TEST STRIPS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro urine test (tests for leukocytes and nitrite).
Indications for AZO TEST STRIPS:
To test for urinary tract infections (UTI).
Hold test pads in urine stream for 1–2 seconds. Test results in 1–2 minutes. Compare test pads to color block on foil pouch. Match color of each test pad to color chart for that test. Nitrite test: any amount of uniform pink color is positive. Leukocyte test: a positive test will give a dark tan to purple color. If Leukocytes test is negative and Nitrite test is negative: no sign of UTI (if symptoms continue, test again or consult healthcare provider). If Leukocytes test is negative or trace but Nitrite test is positive: results suggest UTI. If Leukocytes test is positive and Nitrite test is positive: results suggest UTI. If Leukocytes test is positive but Nitrite test is negative: results suggest UTI, repeat test, if Leukocytes still positive, consult healthcare provider.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes