AZO TEST STRIPS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro urine test (tests for leukocytes and nitrite).
Indications for AZO TEST STRIPS:
To test for urinary tract infections (UTI).
Hold test pads in urine stream for 1–2 seconds. Test results in 1–2 minutes. Compare test pads to color block on foil pouch. Match color of each test pad to color chart for that test. Nitrite test: any amount of uniform pink color is positive. Leukocyte test: a positive test will give a dark tan to purple color. If Leukocytes test is negative and Nitrite test is negative: no sign of UTI (if symptoms continue, test again or consult healthcare provider). If Leukocytes test is negative or trace but Nitrite test is positive: results suggest UTI. If Leukocytes test is positive and Nitrite test is positive: results suggest UTI. If Leukocytes test is positive but Nitrite test is negative: results suggest UTI, repeat test, if Leukocytes still positive, consult healthcare provider.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?