Generic Name and Formulations:
Caprylic triglyceride, potassium caseinate (milk-derived protein), maltodextrin, whey protein (milk-derived), sugar, sunflower oil, dimagnesium phosphate, tricalcium phosphate, dipotassium phosphate, soy lecithin, distilled monoglyceride, silicon dioxide, natural vanilla bean extract, sucralose, acesulfame potassium; pwd; 40g per packet.
Indications for AXONA:
Dietary management of the metabolic processes associated with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease.
1 packet once daily after meals; add contents of packet in 4–8oz of water or preferred liquids, mix thoroughly. May start with a graduated dosing regimen for 7 days before taking one full packet per day.
Milk or soy allergy.
Risk of ketoacidosis (eg, alcoholics, poorly controlled diabetics). History of GI inflammatory conditions (eg, IBS, diverticular disease, chronic gastritis, severe GERD). Renal dysfunction. Monitor triglyceride levels during therapy.
GI upset, flatulence, dyspepsia, dizziness, headache, increases in BUN, uric acid, or creatinine.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders