Generic Name and Formulations:
Caprylic triglyceride, potassium caseinate (milk-derived protein), maltodextrin, whey protein (milk-derived), sugar, sunflower oil, dimagnesium phosphate, tricalcium phosphate, dipotassium phosphate, soy lecithin, distilled monoglyceride, silicon dioxide, natural vanilla bean extract, sucralose, acesulfame potassium; pwd; 40g per packet.
Indications for AXONA:
Dietary management of the metabolic processes associated with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease.
1 packet once daily after meals; add contents of packet in 4–8oz of water or preferred liquids, mix thoroughly. May start with a graduated dosing regimen for 7 days before taking one full packet per day.
Milk or soy allergy.
Risk of ketoacidosis (eg, alcoholics, poorly controlled diabetics). History of GI inflammatory conditions (eg, IBS, diverticular disease, chronic gastritis, severe GERD). Renal dysfunction. Monitor triglyceride levels during therapy.
GI upset, flatulence, dyspepsia, dizziness, headache, increases in BUN, uric acid, or creatinine.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy