AXID ORAL SOLUTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nizatidine 15mg/mL; bubble gum flavor.
Braintree Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for AXID ORAL SOLUTION:
Active duodenal ulcer. Maintenance of healed duodenal ulcer. Benign gastric ulcer. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): including heartburn and erosive and ulcerative esophagitis.
Active duodenal or benign gastric ulcer: 300mg daily at bedtime or 150mg twice daily, both for up to 8 weeks. Maintenance: 150mg daily at bedtime. GERD: 150mg twice daily for up to 12 weeks. Renal impairment: see literature.
Rule out malignant gastric ulceration. Renal insufficiency, reduce dose (see literature). Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May elevate serum salicylate levels in high-dose aspirin patients.
Headache, anemia, diarrhea, dizziness, sweating, rhinitis, urticaria.
Caps—contact supplier; Soln—480mL
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder