Generic Name and Formulations:
Tazarotene 0.1%; crm.
Indications for AVAGE:
Adjunct to comprehensive skin care and sunlight avoidance programs in the palliation of facial fine wrinkles, facial mottled hyper- and hypopigmentation, and facial benign lentigines.
Limitations Of use:
Does not eliminate or prevent wrinkles or restore more youthful skin. Does not reverse photoaging or repair sun damaged skin; does not mitigate coarse or deep wrinkling, tactile roughness, telangiectasia, skin laxity, keratinocytic atypia, melanocytic atypia, or dermal elastosis. The safety and effectiveness for the prevention or treatment of actinic keratoses, skin neoplasms, or lentigo maligna have not been established.
≥17yrs: apply thin film to entire face once daily in the PM. Females of reproductive potential: begin therapy during normal menses.
<17yrs: not established.
Assess any facial pigmented lesions (eg, lentigo maligna) prior to initiation. Obtain reliable negative pregnancy test within 2 weeks prior to therapy. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception. Do not use on broken, eczematous, or sunburned skin. Sun sensitivity. Avoid eyes, mouth, sun, and UV light. Increased irritation in extreme weather. Discontinue or reduce dose frequency if excessive irritation occurs. Nursing mothers.
Avoid use until the effects of strong drying agents have subsided. Avoid concomitant with photosensitizers or other irritants.
Desquamation, erythema, burning, dry or irritation skin, pruritus, irritant contact dermatitis, stinging, rash, cheilitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes