Generic Name and Formulations:
Nelarabine 250mg/vial; soln for IV infusion.
Indications for ARRANON:
T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL) and T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma (T-LBL) that is unresponsive or has relapsed after ≥2 chemotherapy regimens.
Adults and Children:
Contact manufacturer. From the pediatric trial: Patients ≤21 yrs: 650mg/m2 by IV infusion over 1 hour daily for 5 consecutive days; repeat every 21 days. From the adult trial: Patients 16–65yrs: 1500mg/m2 by IV infusion over 2 hours on days 1, 3, and 5; repeat every 21 days. The recommended duration of treatment has not been clearly established. Treatment was generally continued until there was evidence of disease progression, the patient experienced unacceptable toxicity, the patient became a candidate for bone marrow transplant, or the patient no longer continued to benefit from treatment. See literature.
Discontinue if ≥ Grade 2 neurotoxicity occurs; may delay dosing if other toxicities occur (eg, hematologic toxicity). Prior or concurrent intrathecal chemotherapy or craniospinal irradiation (increased risk of neurotoxicity). Renal or hepatic impairment. Obtain CBCs, platelet counts. Monitor for signs/symptoms of infection, tumor lysis syndrome. Ensure adequate hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); use effective contraception. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid live vaccines. Concomitant adenosine deaminase inhibitors (eg, pentostatin): not recommended.
Hematologic disorders (eg, anemia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia), headache, GI upset, constipation, fatigue, somnolence, dizziness, peripheral neuropathy, seizures, respiratory disorders, pyrexia; increased transaminase levels, bilirubin; decreased potassium, albumin.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress