ARNUITY ELLIPTA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluticasone furoate 100mcg, 200mcg; per inhalation; dry pwd for oral inhalation.
Indications for ARNUITY ELLIPTA:
Maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy.
Limitations Of use:
Not for relief of acute bronchospasm.
Base initial dose on previous asthma therapy and disease severity. Not on inhaled corticosteroid: usually initiate at 100mcg once daily; may increase to 200mcg once daily if inadequate response after 2 weeks. Max 200mcg/day. Rinse mouth after use.
Primary treatment of status asthmaticus or acute asthma episodes. Severe hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
Do not exceed recommended dose. Prescribe a short-acting, inhaled β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Immunosuppressed. Tuberculosis. Systemic infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, parasitic). Ocular herpes simplex. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider immune globulin or antiviral prophylactic therapies. Monitor for adrenal insufficiency when transferring from systemic steroids. Reevaluate periodically. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occurs, discontinue gradually), growth in children, intraocular pressure, glaucoma, or cataracts. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm occurs; use alternative therapy. Assess bone mineral density if risk factors exist (eg, prolonged immobilization, history of osteoporosis). Moderate or severe hepatic impairment; monitor. Elderly. Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, ritonavir, clarithromycin, conivaptan, indinavir, itraconazole, lopinavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, saquinavir, telithromycin, troleandomycin, voriconazole).
Nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, headache, bronchitis, oral candidiasis; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Dry pwd inhaler—30 doses
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder