Generic Name and Formulations:
Anastrozole 1mg; tabs.
Indications for ARIMIDEX:
In postmenopausal women: adjuvant treatment of hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer; first-line treatment of hormone receptor-positive or unknown locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer; advanced breast cancer with disease progression after tamoxifen therapy.
1mg once daily. Advanced disease: continue until tumor progression.
Women who are or may become pregnant. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Pre-existing ischemic heart disease. Severe hepatic impairment. Monitor bone mineral density, cholesterol. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antagonized by tamoxifen, estrogens; do not give concomitantly.
Hot flashes, asthenia, arthritis, pain, arthralgia, pharyngitis, hypertension, depression, nausea, vomiting, rash, osteoporosis, fractures, back pain, insomnia, headache, peripheral edema, lymphedema, dyspnea, dizziness, paresthesia, vaginal bleeding, cough, hypercholesterolemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age