Generic Name and Formulations:
Carbinoxamine maleate 4mg; scored tabs.
Indications for ARBINOXA:
Allergic (seasonal and perennial) and vasomotor rhinitis, conjunctivitis, urticaria, angioedema, reactions to blood. Adjunct in anaphylaxis. Dermatographism.
4–8mg 3–4 times daily.
<2yrs: contraindicated. 2–5yrs: 0.2–0.4mg/kg/day in 3–4 divided doses. 6–11yrs: 2–4mg 3–4 times daily.
Children <2yrs old. Concomitant MAOIs. Nursing mothers.
Not for treating lower respiratory tract symptoms, including asthma. Narrow angle glaucoma. Peptic ulcer. GI or GU obstruction. Increased intraocular pressure. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
CNS depression potentiated by alcohol (avoid), other CNS depressants. MAOIs potentiate anticholinergic effects.
Sedation, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination, GI upset, thickening of bronchial secretions, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Tabs—100; Oral soln—16oz
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records