Generic Name and Formulations:
Mesalamine 0.375g; ext-rel caps; contains phenylalanine 0.56mg/cap.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for APRISO:
Maintenance of remission of ulcerative colitis (UC) in adults.
≥18yrs: 1.5g once daily in the AM.
<18yrs: not established.
Sulfasalazine allergy. Renal dysfunction or history of renal disease; assess renal function at the beginning and periodically during treatment. Hepatic impairment. Elderly (monitor CBCs). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Do not co-administer with antacids.
Headache, nausea, diarrhea, upper abdominal pain, nasopharyngitis, flu-like symptoms, sinusitis; renal impairment, mesalamine-induced acute intolerance syndrome (eg, cramping, abdominal pain, bloody diarrhea, fever, headache, rash); discontinue if occurs.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments