Clinicians must be aware of strategies in order to effectively handle patients receiving these drug regimens.
"Anxiety disorders are persistent and incapacitating, and despite the availability of effective treatments, not all individuals with anxiety receive adequate treatment."
Researchers examined whether the risk of relapse or time to relapse was related to type of anxiety disorder, duration of previous treatment, and other factors.
Medications did affect gestation time and hypertension in mothers.
CBT and pharmacotherapy are effective treatments for anxiety disorders in children and adolescents younger than 18.
Psychological and educational interventions may prevent anxiety.
Childhood anxiety symptoms can be reduced by CBT and SSRIs.
Scores for both anxiety and depression are associated with low BMD.
In young adults, MDD, GAD, and SSRI use is associated with bone metabolism.
Parents will often try complementary treatments or their sick child, but many do not tell their pediatricians.
There was a recall of 13 lots of Lorazepam Oral Concentrate 2mg/mL because of dropper marking errors.
Smartphone addiction appears to be linked to sleep disorders, anxiety and stress disorders, and greater consumption of alcohol and tobacco.
OCS is a potential course specifier signaling unfavorable outcomes in anxiety and depression.
Atopic dermatitis is associated with depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation.
Men, including male physicians, are less likely than female physicians to seek medical treatment for their own health conditions.
High levels of anxiety and depression in patients with facial acne are not related to oxidative stress.
Youth with anxiety and depression benefited from a brief behavioral intervention delivered in a primary care setting.
Neuropsychiatric adverse event rates, including anxiety and depression, were low and comparable with deutetrabenazine.
Couples are at high risk for affective concordance, particularly with depression and anxiety.
Catastrophizing undermines pain treatment effectiveness and facilitates structural brain changes that serve to maintain pain and distress.
Lurasidone was linked with improvements in depression and anxiety in patients with major depressive disorder with mixed features and co-occurring anxiety.
Anxiety and severe cognitive fatigue may contribute to problems with visual learning in patients with MS.
PCOS is associated with an increased risk for moderate to severe depression or anxiety, requiring increased screening for these conditions.
Postpartum PTSD is an area with limited physician knowledge.
Enlarged self-perceived areas of pain may be perceived as poorer health status by patients, making the emotional burden worse.
Stress is the key link between occupation and presentation of mental illness.
Mental disorders and psychotropic medication use are associated with an increased risk for fracture but are not fully captured by FRAX tool.
Anxiety is a vulnerability factor for depression in patients with MS.
Pre-screening military personnel after deployment did not affect the presence of mental illness.
Higher anxiety, depression scores for patients are tied to low self-esteem scores.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress