Although the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the US Preventive Services Task Force recommend screening for depression in the general adult population, including pregnant and postpartum women, evidence for such screening in the perinatal setting is limited.
Latest in Anxiety
Educators' mental health and well-being is associated with their students' mental well-being or feelings of distress.
Researchers found that people receiving treatment with omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids had a reduction in anxiety symptoms compared with those not receiving treatment.
More than one-quarter of older adults newly prescribed benzodiazepine by a nonpsychiatric clinician transition to long-term use.
Cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety-related disorders was associated with improvements in suicide ideation rather than exacerbation.
Demographic characteristics predictive of transfer to specialized services included younger age and higher education level.
Systematic screening for anxiety, disability, and pain can increase psychological referral rates among pediatric patients with abdominal pain.
This finding suggests that clinicians should monitor anxiety among individuals with testosterone deficiency and XXY.
The researchers encouraged clinicians not to rely solely on medication to treat midlife anxiety, as benzodiazepines have been shown to increase mortality in certain groups; they pointed to talk therapy, meditation, and mindfulness-based interventions as possible considerations.
Art-based interventions could be easily implemented as an adjunct to conventional therapies for cancer-related pain and mood symptoms.
Anxiety levels are associated with bone mineral density and fracture risk in the lumbar spine and femoral neck among postmenopausal women.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Suicide Attempts Associated With Sleep and Circadian Rhythm Disturbances in Bipolar Disorder
- Anatomical Patterns Present in Childhood ADHD May Predict Phenotypic Variation
- History of ADHD Associated With Increased Risk for Basal Ganglia and Cerebellum Disorders
- Probiotics, Depression, and the Role of Inflammation
- Psychotropic Medications May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- Institutional Rearing Associated With Psychopathology Risk in Children
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Screening: Recommendations and Controversies
- Few Seniors Who Self-Harm Referred for Mental Health Care
- Violent Video Games Tied to Physical Aggression
- Vortioxetine Beats Escitalopram in Improving SSRI-Induced Sexual Dysfunction