Several promising novel treatment options exist for those with OCD.
Latest in Anxiety
Positive correlations were identified for hyperhidrosis severity and the prevalence of anxiety and depression.
RA patients' mental health may impact long-term RA outcomes; therefore, ongoing monitoring and treatment is important.
Reduction of dissociation correlated with decreases in disorder severity and with reductions of depression and anxiety symptoms.
Recognizing anxiety and depression is important in PsA, as psychological well-being may contribute to disease activity.
Levels of anxiety and depression varied by disease, but special attention should be paid to patients with fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Anxiety about health was linked to a higher risk of ischemic heart disease.
The transfer of hyperalgesia is mediated by olfactory cues in mice, shedding light on the role of social and environmental cues in pain pathogenesis.
Patients with tension-type headaches had a significantly higher prevalence of anxiety and depression.
Social anxiety disorder (SAD), also known as social phobia, is highly prevalent and is associated with a significant functional impairment.
The investigators examined the relationship between anxiety and cardiovascular mortality, coronary heart disease, stroke, and heart failure.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders
- Better Cognition for Older Adults Who Nap After Lunch
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- No Cognitive Benefit to Long-term Weight Loss in Overweight, Obese Adults
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Facebook Addiction Associated With Social Insecurity
- Patient Perception of Provider Engagement Impacts Progress
- Depression Literacy Linked to Medication Adherence