Increased implementation of integrated primary care could help to improve the availability of psychological treatment for this patient population.
Latest in Anxiety
Systematic screening for anxiety, disability, and pain can increase psychological referral rates among pediatric patients with abdominal pain.
This finding suggests that clinicians should monitor anxiety among individuals with testosterone deficiency and XXY.
The researchers encouraged clinicians not to rely solely on medication to treat midlife anxiety, as benzodiazepines have been shown to increase mortality in certain groups; they pointed to talk therapy, meditation, and mindfulness-based interventions as possible considerations.
Art-based interventions could be easily implemented as an adjunct to conventional therapies for cancer-related pain and mood symptoms.
Anxiety levels are associated with bone mineral density and fracture risk in the lumbar spine and femoral neck among postmenopausal women.
Anxiety may increase the risk for ischemic stroke and intracranial hemorrhage in patients with atrial fibrillation.
Researchers conducted secondary analysis of data from a multicenter study of women from 11 Latin America countries in order to assess the association between waist-to-height ratio and anxiety.
These findings indicate that anxiety may be a risk factor for late-life dementia, excluding anxiety that is related to prodromal cognitive decline.
Patients with MS and comorbid psychiatric conditions have increased severity of subsequent neurological disability.
This finding suggests an adverse effect of hormonal contraception on psychological health in adolescent girls.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad