Anxiety Feature Archive
Postpartum PTSD is an area with limited physician knowledge.
Several promising novel treatment options exist for those with OCD.
Menopausal status should be considered when assessing women with anxiety.
Gun violence places a significant burden on the nation's public health and wellbeing.
New tools and therapies are available for the approximately 6 million US adults with panic disorder.
IED has comorbidities, including mood disorders, lifetime prevalence of anxiety disorders, personality disorders, and substance abuse.
An examination of how the treatment of anxiety changes from childhood, to adolescence and into adulthood.
Although depression and anxiety are two of the most common comorbidities in patients with COPD, they are infrequently treated in this population.
Anxious patients suffering from cyberchondria can often be treated through cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Although a recent study indicates that treatment with SSRI antidepressants may help, CBT remains the primary form of therapy.
Attention training teaches patients how to shift their focus away from unhelpful thoughts and feelings.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy should be tried first before adding an antidepressant as part of treatment.
New chapter in DSM-5 covers disorders including antisocial personality, intermittent explosive disorder and kleptomania.
While antipsychotics are useful in some types of anxiety disorders, cognitive-behavioral therapy may be preferable in others.
Treatment consists of cognitive behavioral therapy, family therapy, education, support and medication.
Reflexology uses subtle pressure on specific muscle areas of the feet or hands to stimulate blood flow and nerve impulses that then trigger the release of endorphins and retained toxins.
Medical hypnotherapy today is most commonly used for pain management, treatment of anxiety or psychosomatic illness, and treatment of behavioral disorders.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Early Detection Markers of Alzheimer's Disease Possibly Identified
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Inferior to Escitalopram
- Illicit Cannabis Use Among Adults Up Due to Medical Marijuana Laws
- Memory Training Opportunities Exist for Patients With Schizophrenia
- APA: Medical Discrimination Based on Size Psychologically, Physically Harms Patients
- Criteria For Identification of Smartphone Addiction
- Bipolar Disorder: Childhood Trauma Modulates Impact on Amygdala, Hippocampus
- Psychiatric Evaluations: Questions on Suicide Need to Be Rephrased
- Subsequent Suicide Attempts May Be Reduced by Emergency Department Interventions
- Elevated Levels of Childhood Adversity in Patients with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Widespread Pain
- Prescription Opioid Misuse Remains a Persistent Problem
- Revised Treatment Guidelines for Pediatric Acute Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome
- Long-term Response to Prophylactic Mood Stabilizers in Bipolar Disorder
- Medically Supervised Withdrawal, an Option for Pregnant Women Addicted to Opioids
- Navigating the Thin Line Between Identification & Intimacy With Patients