Anxiety Feature Archive
Catastrophizing undermines pain treatment effectiveness and facilitates structural brain changes that serve to maintain pain and distress.
Postpartum PTSD is an area with limited physician knowledge.
Several promising novel treatment options exist for those with OCD.
Menopausal status should be considered when assessing women with anxiety.
Gun violence places a significant burden on the nation's public health and wellbeing.
New tools and therapies are available for the approximately 6 million US adults with panic disorder.
IED has comorbidities, including mood disorders, lifetime prevalence of anxiety disorders, personality disorders, and substance abuse.
An examination of how the treatment of anxiety changes from childhood, to adolescence and into adulthood.
Although depression and anxiety are two of the most common comorbidities in patients with COPD, they are infrequently treated in this population.
Anxious patients suffering from cyberchondria can often be treated through cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Although a recent study indicates that treatment with SSRI antidepressants may help, CBT remains the primary form of therapy.
Attention training teaches patients how to shift their focus away from unhelpful thoughts and feelings.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy should be tried first before adding an antidepressant as part of treatment.
New chapter in DSM-5 covers disorders including antisocial personality, intermittent explosive disorder and kleptomania.
While antipsychotics are useful in some types of anxiety disorders, cognitive-behavioral therapy may be preferable in others.
Treatment consists of cognitive behavioral therapy, family therapy, education, support and medication.
Reflexology uses subtle pressure on specific muscle areas of the feet or hands to stimulate blood flow and nerve impulses that then trigger the release of endorphins and retained toxins.
Medical hypnotherapy today is most commonly used for pain management, treatment of anxiety or psychosomatic illness, and treatment of behavioral disorders.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder