Generic Name and Formulations:
Flurbiprofen 50mg, 100mg; tabs.
Indications for ANSAID:
Rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis.
Use lowest effective dose for shortest duration. 200–300mg/day in 2–4 divided doses; max single dose 100mg. Reduce dosage for renal impairment.
Aspirin allergy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Increased risk of serious cardiovascular events (including MI, stroke). Avoid in recent MI, severe heart failure; if necessary, monitor. Increased risk of serious GI adverse events (including inflammation, bleeding, ulceration, perforation). History of ulcer disease and/or GI bleeding. Hypertension; monitor BP closely. Hepatic or renal impairment. Discontinue if signs/symptoms of liver disease develop, or if abnormal LFTs persist or worsen. Dehydration. Hypovolemia. Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Hyperkalemia. Coagulation disorders. Monitor CBCs, blood chemistry, hepatic, renal, and ocular function in long-term therapy. Pre-existing asthma. May mask signs of infection or fever. Discontinue at 1st sign of rash or any other hypersensitivity. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (≥30 weeks gestation; avoid). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant aspirin, salicylates (eg, diflunisal, salsalate) or other NSAIDs. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, antiplatelets, oral corticosteroids, SSRIs, SNRIs, smoking, alcohol, or prolonged NSAID therapy; monitor. May antagonize, or increase risk of renal failure with diuretics (eg, loop or thiazides), ACE inhibitors, ARBs, or β-blockers; monitor closely. Potentiates digoxin; monitor levels. May potentiate lithium, methotrexate, cyclosporine; monitor for toxicity. Concomitant with pemetrexed may increase risk of pemetrexed-associated myelosuppression, renal, and GI toxicity.
NSAID (phenylalkanoic acid deriv.).
GI upset, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, constipation, headache, edema, UTI; cardiovascular thrombotic events, GI ulcer/bleed, hepatotoxicity, renal toxicity, hypersensitivity reactions, anemia.
Tabs 50mg—2000; 100mg—100, 2000
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder