ANORO ELLIPTA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Umeclidinium 62.5mcg, vilanterol 25mcg; per inhalation; dry pwd for oral inhalation.
Indications for ANORO ELLIPTA:
Long-term maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction in COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema. Limitations of use: not indicated for relief of acute bronchospasm or for treatment of asthma.
1 inhalation once daily.
Severe hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
LABAs increase risk of asthma-related death. Do not initiate in rapidly or acutely deteriorating COPD. Prescribe a short-acting, inhaled β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Do not exceed recommended dose. Not for use with other long-acting β2-agonists. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm occurs; use alternative therapy. Cardiovascular disorders (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Convulsive disorders. Thyrotoxicosis. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Prostatic hyperplasia. Bladder-neck obstruction. Risk of hypokalemia or hyperglycemia. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, ritonavir, clarithromycin, conivaptan, indinavir, itraconazole, lopinavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, saquinavir, telithromycin, troleandomycin, voriconazole), MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, drugs known to prolong the QT interval or within 2 weeks of discontinuing such agents (increased cardiac effects), K+-depleting diuretics. Antagonized by β-blockers; if needed, consider cardioselective agents. Additive effects with concomitant other anticholinergic-containing drugs; avoid.
Anticholinergic + long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
Pharyngitis, sinusitis, lower respiratory tract infection, constipation, diarrhea, pain in extremity, muscle spasms, neck and chest pain; risk of asthma-related death.
Dry pwd inhaler—30 doses
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition