ANORO ELLIPTA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Umeclidinium 62.5mcg, vilanterol 25mcg; per inhalation; dry pwd for oral inhalation.
Indications for ANORO ELLIPTA:
Long-term maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction in COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema. Limitations of use: not indicated for relief of acute bronchospasm or for treatment of asthma.
1 inhalation once daily.
Severe hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
LABAs increase risk of asthma-related death. Do not initiate in rapidly or acutely deteriorating COPD. Prescribe a short-acting, inhaled β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Do not exceed recommended dose. Not for use with other long-acting β2-agonists. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm occurs; use alternative therapy. Cardiovascular disorders (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Convulsive disorders. Thyrotoxicosis. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Prostatic hyperplasia. Bladder-neck obstruction. Risk of hypokalemia or hyperglycemia. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Anticholinergic + long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
Caution with concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, ritonavir, clarithromycin, conivaptan, indinavir, itraconazole, lopinavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, saquinavir, telithromycin, troleandomycin, voriconazole), MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, drugs known to prolong the QT interval or within 2 weeks of discontinuing such agents (increased cardiac effects), K+-depleting diuretics. Antagonized by β-blockers; if needed, consider cardioselective agents. Additive effects with concomitant other anticholinergic-containing drugs; avoid.
Pharyngitis, sinusitis, lower respiratory tract infection, constipation, diarrhea, pain in extremity, muscle spasms, neck and chest pain; risk of asthma-related death.
Dry pwd inhaler—30 doses
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age