Depersonalizing may help a lot of struggling parents understand the severity of an eating disorder.
In the past, clinicians believed anorexia arose from control battles with parents and that the individual had to develop insight and motivation to recover.
There is a bidirectional association between anorexia nervosa diagnosis and celiac disease in women.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- Cost-Effectiveness of Atomoxetine for Treating Children with ADHD
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Differential Testosterone Levels in Men, Women With Schizophrenia
- Plasma Autoantibodies Possible Biomarker for Schizophrenia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Intervention Improves Quality of Life, Agitation in Nursing Home Patients With Dementia
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy Beneficial for Neurocognitive Function in Autism
- The Crisis of Physician Suicides: Past and Present
- Affective Temperaments in Bipolar Have a Significant Impact on Functional, Clinical Outcomes of Mania
- Ketamine: A Promising Agent for Managing Treatment-Resistant Depression