Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxymetholone 50mg; scored tabs.
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Associated Mental Health Treatment in Veterans
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Predictors of Development of Early Onset Psychosis in Parkinson Disease
Indications for ANADROL-50:
Anemia caused by deficient red cell production. Acquired aplastic anemia, congenital anemia, myelofibrosis, and hypoplastic anemias due to myelotoxic drugs.
Adults and Children:
Individualized. 1–5mg/kg per day for at least 3–6 months; may attempt to lower dose or discontinue after remission. Congenital aplastic anemia: may need continued maintenance dose.
Male breast or prostate carcinoma. Breast cancer in females with hypercalcemia. Nephrosis or the nephrotic phase of nephritis. Severe hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Not a replacement for other supportive treatments (eg, transfusion; iron, folic acid, Vit. B12, Vit. B6 replacement). Discontinue if jaundice, abnormal liver function, hypercalcemia, or edema occurs. Cardiac, hepatic, or renal dysfunction. Monitor hepatic function, blood, and bone age. Elderly. Young children. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate oral anticoagulants. May alter insulin or oral antihyperglycemic needs.
Peliosis hepatis, premature epiphyseal closure in adolescents, edema, hepatic carcinoma, prostatic hypertrophy or carcinoma, gynecomastia, priapism, oligospermia, nausea, jaundice, hirsutism, virilization, male pattern baldness, acne, polycythemia, headache, CNS excitation, insomnia, altered libido, fluid and electrolyte disturbances, suppression of clotting factors, increased serum cholesterol.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?