Generic Name and Formulations:
Florbetapir F 18 [500-1900MBq/mL (13.5-51mCi/mL) at End of Synthesis (EOS)]; soln for IV inj.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for AMYVID:
For PET imaging of the brain to estimate β-amyloid neuritic plaque density in adults with cognitive impairment who are being evaluated for Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and other causes of cognitive decline. As an adjunct to other diagnostic evaluations. Limitations of use: a positive Amyvid scan does not establish a diagnosis of AD or other cognitive disorder. Safety and efficacy not established for predicting development of dementia or other neurologic conditions; or for monitoring responses to therapies.
See full labeling. Give 370MBq (10mCi), max 50μg mass dose, as a single IV bolus dose in a total volume of ≤10mL, then follow with a sterile NaCl 0.9% IV flush. Starting 30–50mins after IV inj, acquire a 10-min PET image. The radiation absorbed dose from 370MBq (10mCi) dose is 7mSv.
Risk of radiation exposure. Should only be used by trained and experienced physicians in the safe use and handling of radioactive materials to minimize radiation exposure. Risk of image misinterpretation and other errors. Perform image interpretation independently of patient's clinical information. Pregnancy (Cat.C.); assess status in females of reproductive potential prior to therapy. Nursing mothers: not recommended, or temporarily interrupt for 24hrs after Amyvid exposure.
Radioactive diagnostic agent.
Headache, musculoskeletal pain, increased BP, nausea, fatigue, inj site reactions.
Multi-dose vials (10mL, 30mL, 50mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children