Generic Name and Formulations:
Florbetapir F 18 [500-1900MBq/mL (13.5-51mCi/mL) at End of Synthesis (EOS)]; soln for IV inj.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for AMYVID:
For PET imaging of the brain to estimate β-amyloid neuritic plaque density in adults with cognitive impairment who are being evaluated for Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and other causes of cognitive decline. As an adjunct to other diagnostic evaluations. Limitations of use: a positive Amyvid scan does not establish a diagnosis of AD or other cognitive disorder. Safety and efficacy not established for predicting development of dementia or other neurologic conditions; or for monitoring responses to therapies.
See full labeling. Give 370MBq (10mCi), max 50μg mass dose, as a single IV bolus dose in a total volume of ≤10mL, then follow with a sterile NaCl 0.9% IV flush. Starting 30–50mins after IV inj, acquire a 10-min PET image. The radiation absorbed dose from 370MBq (10mCi) dose is 7mSv.
Risk of radiation exposure. Should only be used by trained and experienced physicians in the safe use and handling of radioactive materials to minimize radiation exposure. Risk of image misinterpretation and other errors. Perform image interpretation independently of patient's clinical information. Pregnancy (Cat.C.); assess status in females of reproductive potential prior to therapy. Nursing mothers: not recommended, or temporarily interrupt for 24hrs after Amyvid exposure.
Radioactive diagnostic agent.
Headache, musculoskeletal pain, increased BP, nausea, fatigue, inj site reactions.
Multi-dose vials (10mL, 30mL, 50mL)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder