Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclobenzaprine HCl 15mg, 30mg; ext-rel caps.
Indications for AMRIX:
Adjunct to rest and physical therapy for relief of muscle spasm associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
Take at same time each day. 15mg once daily; may increase to 30mg/day given once daily. Max 2–3 weeks. Elderly or hepatic impairment: not recommended.
Acute post-MI. Arrhythmias, heart block, other conduction disturbances. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Not effective in treating spasticity associated with cerebral or spinal chord disease or in children with cerebral palsy. Urinary retention. Angle-closure glaucoma. Increased intraocular pressure. Hepatic impairment or elderly: not recommended. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, SSRIs, SNRIs, tricyclic antidepressants, tramadol, bupropion, meperidine, verapamil, MAOIs); discontinue if occurs. Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants. May antagonize guanethidine, clonidine. May enhance seizure risk with concomitant tramadol.
Muscle relaxant (central).
Drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue, headache, somnolence, constipation, nausea, dyspepsia, dysgeusia, tremor, nervousness, asthenia, blurred vision, confusion.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV