Ronald Petersen, MD, PhD, discusses the implications of the failed solanezumab trial.
More research is needed on the correlation between personality and Alzheimer disease biomarkers.
Intepirdine did not meet efficacy endpoints in a Phase 3 trial for Alzheimer disease.
There is no significant risk of Alzheimer's disease or dementia for men getting androgen deprivation therapy.
Magnesium levels, too high or too low can have an affect on dementia risk.
Researchers found that patients with a diagnosis of dementia had a significantly different lithium exposure than controls.
There is an increased risk for dementia, especially in black individuals, who are born in a high stroke mortality state.
Depressive symptoms and subjective memory complaint could be used as early detection markers of Alzheimer's disease.
Midlife vascular risk factors such as smoking, diabetes, and hypertension are linked to a higher risk for dementia.
People born in higher stroke mortality states seem to have more health issues including a higher risk of developing dementia.
Obstructive sleep apnea and sleep-disordered breathing are associated with amyloid deposition, biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder