40% of people with dementia are still driving.
In the United States, it is estimated that 15 million people will have clinical Alzheimer disease or mild cognitive impairment by 2060.
Dementia risk was associated with neither proton pump inhibitor exposure nor duration of use.
Low memory scores are not a good tool for measure early Alzheimer's disease in people without dementia.
Low and high serum magnesium levels were shown to be associated with increased risk of all-cause dementia.
Language deficits as well as EEG recordings may be of value for predicting Alzheimer's disease in patients with mild cognitive impairment.
In patients with mild cognitive impairment, CSF and MRI findings are highly predicitve of Alzheimer disease and dementia risk.
More research is needed on the correlation between personality and Alzheimer disease biomarkers.
Intepirdine did not meet efficacy endpoints in a Phase 3 trial for Alzheimer disease.
There is no significant risk of Alzheimer's disease or dementia for men getting androgen deprivation therapy.
Researchers found that patients with a diagnosis of dementia had a significantly different lithium exposure than controls.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anhedonia and Suicidal Ideation Linked Independent of Major Affective Disorders
- Rarity of Late-Onset ADHD: Symptoms Linked to Other Causes
- Cognitive Insight Impairment May Precede Neurocognitive Decline in Schizophrenia
- Trump Administration Provides the CDC With a List of Banned Words, Phrases
- Expert Perspective: Link Between Depression and Mortality in Cancer Patients
- Amber Lenses Before Bed Improve Insomnia Symptoms
- Pregnancy and Bipolar Disorder: Expert Interview With Leena Mittal, MD
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence May Mediate Future Hypomania
- Lurasidone Monotherapy Safe, Efficacious in Children, Adolescents With Bipolar Depression
- Sleep Disruption May Lead to Increased Beta Amyloid Production
- Examining Duration of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Sessions for Depression
- Pretreatment Functioning Associated With Anxiolytic Efficacy of Vortioxetine
- AAN Issues New Guidelines for Treatment of Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Quality Improvement Intervention Improves Documentation of Geriatric Transitions in Care
- Sexual Harassment: Response to a National Crisis