Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX (recombinant), Fc Fusion Protein 500 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU, 3000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for ALPROLIX:
Prevention and control of bleeding in hemophilia B. Perioperative management in hemophilia B. Routine prophylaxis to prevent or reduce the frequency of bleeding in hemophilia B.
Adults and Children:
Dose (IU) = body weight (kg) x desired FIX increase (% of normal or IU/dL) x reciprocal of recovery (IU/dL per IU/kg). Dose adjustment may be necessary in children <12yrs. Individualize. Give by IV bolus infusion only. Max infusion rate 10mL/min. Control/prevention of bleeding: Minor/Moderate: 30–60% required; repeat every 48hrs if needed. Major: 80–100% required; consider a repeat dose after 6–10hrs, then every 24hrs for the first 3 days; then may reduce dose and frequency to every 48hrs or longer until bleeding stops and healing is achieved. Peri-op: Minor: 50–80% required as a single infusion; repeat as needed after 24–48hrs until bleeding stops and healing is achieved. Major: initially 60–100% required; consider a repeat dose after 6–10hrs, then every 24hrs for the first 3 days; then may reduce dose and frequency to every 48hrs or longer until bleeding stops and healing is achieved. Routine prophylaxis: 50 IU/kg once weekly or 100 IU/kg once every 10 days.
Not for induction of immune tolerance in patients with hemophilia B. Discontinue and treat if hypersensitivity symptoms occur. Evaluate regularly for development of Factor IX inhibitors; measure Factor IX inhibitor concentration if expected activity plasma levels are not attained or if bleeding is not controlled with recommended dose. Potential risk for thromboembolic complications; monitor. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Headache, oral paresthesia.
Kit—1 (single-use vial + diluent, supplies)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?