Alprazolam INTENSOL CIV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Alprazolam 1mg; per 1mL; concentrated soln.
Roxane Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for Alprazolam INTENSOL:
Mix with liquid or semi-solid food. Adjust at intervals of at least 3–4 days. ≥18yrs: initially 0.25–0.5mg 3 times daily; max 4mg daily in divided doses. Elderly, debilitated, or advanced liver disease: initially 0.25mg 2–3 times daily.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Acute narrow angle glaucoma. Concomitant itraconazole, ketoconazole.
Not for use in untreated open-angle glaucoma. Reevaluate periodically. Change dose gradually. Withdrawal symptoms on abrupt cessation or dose reduction. Suicidal ideation. Psychosis. Mania. Renal, cardiovascular, hepatic, pulmonary dysfunction (monitor). Obesity. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications; other azole antifungals: not recommended. Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, psychotropics, anticonvulsants, other CNS depressants. Potentiated by CYP3A inhibitors; reduce alprazolam dose; caution with cimetidine, nefazodone, fluvoxamine; caution with weaker CYP3A inhibitors (eg, fluoxetine, propoxyphene, oral contraceptives). Antagonized by CYP3A inducers (eg, carbamazepine). May increase levels of imipramine, desipramine.
CNS depression; impaired memory, coordination, or attention; dysarthria, ataxia, arthralgia, dyspnea, paradoxical excitement, increased salivation, withdrawal seizures, tremors, decreased libido, sexual dysfunction.
Soln—30mL (w. dropper)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records