ALPHANINE SD Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX (human) 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 1500 IU; per vial; lyophilized concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains non-therapeutic Factor II, Factor VII, Factor X.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for ALPHANINE SD:
Prevention and control of bleeding in Hemophilia B.
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired Factor IX increase × 1 IU/kg. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Mild hemorrhage: increase FIX 20–30% (20–30 IU/kg twice daily) for 1–2 days or until resolved. Moderate hemorrhage: increase FIX 25–50% (25–50 IU/kg twice daily) for 2–7 days. Major hemorrhage: increase FIX 50% (30–50 IU/kg twice daily) for 3–5 days then maintain at 20% (20 IU/kg twice daily) for up to 10 days. Surgery: pre-op: increase FIX 50–100% (50–100 IU/kg twice daily), then maintain at 50–100% for 7–10 days or until healed.
Not for treating Factor II, VII, or X deficiencies; Hemophilia A with Factor VIII inhibitors, or reversal of coumarin-induced hemorrhage. Contains human plasma; monitor for transmission of infectious diseases. Previously untreated patients: closely monitor for signs of anaphylaxis between days 10 and 20 of exposure. Immune tolerance induction. Major deletion mutations in Factor IX gene. Liver disease. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Chills, nausea, inj site reactions; hypersensitivity reactions, thrombosis, disseminated intravascular coagulation.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by AlphaNine SD to (888) 675-2762.
Single-use vials—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders