ALPHAGAN P Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Brimonidine tartrate 0.1%, 0.15%; oph. soln; contains purite.
Indications for ALPHAGAN P:
Open-angle glaucoma. Ocular hypertension.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 1 drop every 8 hours.
Severe cardiovascular disease. Hepatic or renal impairment. Depression. Cerebral or coronary insufficiency. Raynaud's phenomenon. Orthostatic hypotension. Thromboangiitis obliterans. Remove soft contact lenses before use; may reinsert 15 minutes later. Monitor for loss of effect. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
MAOIs: see Contraindications. Caution with CNS depressants, antihypertensives, cardiac glycosides, tricyclic antidepressants. Separate administration of other oph drugs by ≥5 minutes.
Oral dryness, ocular hyperemia, burning, stinging, headache, blurred or abnormal vision, foreign body sensation, fatigue, drowsiness, conjunctival follicles, ocular allergic reactions or pruritus, corneal staining/erosion, photophobia, ocular discomfort or dryness, tearing, upper respiratory symptoms, conjunctival blanching, muscular pain, others.
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder