ALLEGRA-D 12 HOUR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fexofenadine HCl 60mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 120mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for ALLEGRA-D 12 HOUR:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis with nasal congestion.
Swallow whole. Take on an empty stomach. 1 tab twice daily. Renal impairment: initially 1 tab once daily.
Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of stopping MAOIs.
Hypertension. Diabetes. Ischemic heart disease. Increased intraocular pressure. Hyperthyroidism. Renal impairment. GI or GU obstruction. Seizure disorders. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Avoid concomitant aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids. Pseudoephedrine: Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased ectopic pacemaker activity with digitalis. Avoid other sympathomimetics. Fruit juices (eg, grapefruit, orange, apple) may reduce plasma levels.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Headache, insomnia, nausea, dry mouth, dyspepsia, throat irritation, dizziness, agitation, back or abdominal pain, palpitations, nervousness, anxiety, upper respiratory infection.
Tabs 24hr—100; 12hr—100, 500
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa