ALINIA TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitazoxanide 500mg; tabs.
Indications for ALINIA TABLETS:
Diarrhea due to G. lamblia or C. parvum.
Limitations Of use:
Not effective in diarrhea due to C. parvum in HIV-infected or immunodeficiency.
Take with food. 500mg every 12 hours for 3 days.
Hepatic or renal impairment. HIV-infected or immunodeficient. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Caution with other highly protein bound drugs with narrow therapeutic indices (eg, warfarin).
Abdominal pain, headache, chromaturia, nausea.
Tabs—6, 60; Susp—60mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses