ALFERON N Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Interferon alfa-n3 (human leukocyte derived) 5million IU/mL; inj; contains albumin (human).
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc.
Indications for ALFERON N:
Refractory genital warts.
≥18yrs: 0.05mL (250,000 IU) injected into the base of each wart twice weekly; max 8 wks. Max dose per session: 0.5mL (2.5million IU). Wait 3 months before retreatment unless warts enlarge or new warts develop.
<18 yrs: not recommended.
Mouse immunoglobulin, egg protein, or neomycin allergy.
Cardiovascular or severe pulmonary disease. Coagulation or seizure disorders. Severe myelosuppression. Use effective contraception during treatment. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children