Generic Name and Formulations:
Erythromycin 3%, benzoyl peroxide 5%; gel.
Cutanea Life Sciences, Inc.
Indications for AKTIPAK:
Contents must be mixed (in the palm of the hand) prior to use. Apply to cleansed, dried areas twice daily.
Avoid eyes, mouth, mucous membranes. Discontinue if excessive irritation occurs. Avoid excessive or prolonged exposure to sunlight. Flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive irritation with peeling, desquamating, abrasive agents. Concomitant other topical acne products: not recommended.
Macrolide antibiotic + antibacterial/ keratolytic.
Dry skin, application site reactions (eg, stinging, erythema, burning), blepharitis, pruritus, photosensitivity, peeling, superinfection; may bleach hair or fabrics.
Gel (dual-chamber pouches, mixed by patient)—60
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed