Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine HCl 3.5%; oph gel; preservative-free.
Indications for AKTEN:
Ocular surface anesthesia during ophthalmologic procedures.
Adults and Children:
For single patient use. 2 drops to the ocular surface in area of planned procedure; may reapply.
Not for injection. Prolonged use may cause corneal opacification and ulceration. Pregnancy (Cat. B). Nursing mothers.
Conjunctival hyperemia, corneal epithelial changes, headache, burning upon instillation.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV