AFLURIA QUADRIVALENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Quadrivalent, inactivated, "split virion" influenza vaccine (virus types A and B); contains a total of 60mcg of hemagglutinin per 0.5mL dose; formulation changes annually; susp for IM inj; may contain trace amounts of neomycin sulfate, polymyxin B.
Indications for AFLURIA QUADRIVALENT:
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not established. Each dose is 0.5mL by IM inj once in the deltoid. May be administered by needle and syringe (≥5yrs) or PharmaJet Stratis Needle-Free Injection System (18–64yrs only); see full labeling. 5–8yrs: 1 or 2 doses at least 1 month apart (depending on vaccination history as per annual ACIP recommendation). ≥9yrs: 1 dose.
Allergy to egg protein. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Have appropriate medical treatment and supervision readily available. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunocompromised. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant vaccines: insufficient data (see full labeling). Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, tenderness, redness, swelling, pain, itching, bruising), headache, myalgia, malaise.
Single-dose prefilled syringe 0.5mL (preservative-free)—10 (without needles); Multi-dose vial 5mL (contains thimerosal)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders