Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (recombinant) 250 IU, 500 IU, 750 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU; per vial; PEGylated lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for ADYNOVATE:
In patients with Hemophilia A: for on-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes, perioperative management, and routine prophylaxis to reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating von Willebrand disease.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired Factor VIII Increase (IU/dL or % of Normal) × 0.5 (IU/kg per IU/dL). Infuse over ≤5 minutes (max infusion rate 10mL/min). Bleeding (Minor): obtain 20–40% FVIII increase; give every 12–24hrs until resolved; (Moderate): obtain 30–60% FVIII increase; give every 12–24hrs until resolved; (Major): obtain 60–100% FVIII increase; give every 8–24hrs until resolved. Perioperative (Minor surgery): obtain 60–100% FVIII increase; give 1hr before surgery; repeat after 24hrs if needed until bleeding resolved; (Major surgery): obtain 80–120% FVIII increase (pre- and post-op); give 1hr before surgery; repeat every 8–24hrs (6–24hrs if <12yrs) until adequate wound healing. Routine prophylaxis: ≥12yrs: give 40–50 IU/kg twice weekly; <12yrs: 55 IU/kg twice weekly; max 70 IU/kg. Adjust based on response.
Prior anaphylactic reaction to Advate. Mouse or hamster protein sensitivity.
Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Immediately discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Headache, nausea, diarrhea, flushing; antibody formation.
Single-dose vial—1 (w. diluent, Baxject II needleless transfer device)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress