ADVIL MIGRAINE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen 200mg; liquid-filled caps.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ADVIL MIGRAINE:
≥18yrs: Usually 400mg once daily.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Aspirin allergy. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery.
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding. History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Reevaluate if pain persists or worsens after ≥10 days or fever lasts ≥3 days. Elderly. Pregnancy (avoid during 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers.
NSAID (propionic acid deriv.).
Avoid aspirin or other pain relievers. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAID-containing products (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, others), ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day, or prolonged use. Caution with diuretics.
GI upset/bleed, feel faint, rash, redness, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, chest pain, weakness, slurred speech, leg swelling), allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Liqui-Caps—20, 30, 40, 48, 60, 80, 100, 120, 135
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses