Generic Name and Formulations:
Epinephrine (as HCl) 1mg/mL; soln for IM or SC inj; contains sulfites.
Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for ADRENALIN:
Emergency treatment of allergic reactions (Type I), including anaphylaxis. Bronchospasm. Urticaria. Angioedema. Serum sickness.
Adults and Children:
Do not dilute. Inject into the anterolateral aspect of the thigh. ≥30kg: 0.3–0.5mg SC or IM; max: 0.5mg per inj. <30kg: 0.01mg/kg SC or IM; max: 0.3mg per inj. Both: may repeat every 5–10 mins as necessary; rotate inj sites. Monitor clinically for reaction severity and cardiac effects.
Avoid injecting into the buttocks, digits, hands, or feet. Cardio or cerebrovascular disease. Hypertension. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Parkinson's disease, Pheochromocytoma. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with concomitant other sympathomimetic agents. Caution with cardiac glycosides, digitalis, diuretics, quinidine, and other arrhythmia-producing agents; monitor. Pressor effects may be potentiated by tricyclic antidepressants, MAOIs, antihistamines, levothyroxine. May be antagonized by α-blockers (eg, phentolamine), β-blockers (eg, propranolol), ergots. Caution with halogenated hydrocarbon general anesthetics (eg, halothane). Do not use to counteract effects of phenothiazines.
Anxiety, apprehensiveness, restlessness, tremor, weakness, dizziness, sweating, palpitations, pallor, nausea, vomiting, headache, respiratory difficulties, angina, arrhythmias, ventricular fibrillation (may be fatal), rapid rises in BP, cerebral hemorrhage; rare: serious infections at the inj site.
Single-dose vials (1mL)—25; Multi-dose vials (30mL)—1, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Cycle Patterns Associated With Treatment Response in Bipolar Disorders
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder