Adolescents who experience chronic pain have higher prevalence of anxiety and depressive symptoms in adulthood.
Atomoxetine was not found to be associated with increased suicide risk compared with stimulant use in children and adolescents.
Study links heavy cannabis use in male teens to increased mortality by age 60.
Cognitive behavioral therapy techniques improve time to resolution of depression in teens who refuse antidepressants.
Early intervention strategies are needed to address potential substance use and misuse in adolescents with mental disorders.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Patient Perception of Provider Engagement Impacts Progress