Adolescents who experience chronic pain have higher prevalence of anxiety and depressive symptoms in adulthood.
Atomoxetine was not found to be associated with increased suicide risk compared with stimulant use in children and adolescents.
Study links heavy cannabis use in male teens to increased mortality by age 60.
Cognitive behavioral therapy techniques improve time to resolution of depression in teens who refuse antidepressants.
Early intervention strategies are needed to address potential substance use and misuse in adolescents with mental disorders.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sleep Disorders: How to Manage Headaches in Patients?
- Anxiety and ADHD in Patients With Single-Ventricle Congenital Heart Disease
- Alcohol Use Disorder Diagnosis Stable From DSM-IV to DSM-5
- Opioid Cravings Reduced by Medication from ER Visits
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Patients With HCV Cured of Infection