Little progress has been made in identifying effective agents for patients who don't respond to existing ADHD medications.
Many adolescents on ADHD medication skip or miss doses.
Adolescents who had more severe ADHD symptoms as children were more likely to initiate smoking.
There does not appear to be a causal association between methylphenidate hydrochloride treatment for ADHD and suicide attempts.
Patients who take their ADHD medications may have a lower risk of alcohol and drug problems.
The US FDA has approved the first generic versions of Strattera to treat ADHD in pediatric and adult patients.
Adult ADHD can be accurately identified by a brief new screening tool designed using a machine-learning algorithm.
A new ADHD treatment option could improve early morning functioning in children.
ADHD in adults can be determined by a 6-question screening tool.
Three of these regions were newly identified as involved in the expression of ADHD.
Adolescents with CHD have a fivefold increase in rates of anxiety disorders and ADHD compared with healthy control patients.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy