Generic Name and Formulations:
Adenosine 3mg/mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Indications for ADENOSCAN:
Adjunct to thallium-201 myocardial perfusion scintigraphy in patients unable to undergo adequate exercise stress.
Give peripherally as a continuous IV infusion. ≥18yrs: 140mcg/kg/min over 6 mins for a total dose of 0.84mg/kg. Infusion rate (mL/min)= 0.140 (mg/kg/min) x total body weight (kg)/adenosine conc. (3mg/mL). See full labeling.
<18yrs: not established.
2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block or sinus node disease (eg, sick sinus syndrome, symptomatic bradycardia), unless paced. Bronchoconstructive or bronchospastic disease (eg, asthma).
Have resuscitative measures available. Increased risk of cardiovascular events in patients with acute MI, unstable angina, or cardiovascular instability; avoid use. Pre-existing 1st-degree AV block or bundle branch block. Discontinue if persistent or symptomatic high-grade AV block or hypotension occurs. Autonomic dysfunction. Stenotic valvular heart disease. Pericarditis or pericardial effusions. Stenotic carotid artery disease with cerebrovascular insufficiency. Hypovolemia. Obstructive lung disease (eg, emphysema, bronchitis). Discontinue if severe respiratory difficulties occur. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by β-blockers, cardiac glycosides, calcium channel blockers; use caution. Increased risk of seizures with concomitant methylxanthines (eg, caffeine, aminophylline, theophylline): not recommended. Potentiated by dipyridamole.
Flushing, chest discomfort, dyspnea, headache, throat/neck/jaw discomfort, GI discomfort, lightheadedness/dizziness; cardiac arrest, sustained ventricular tachycardia, MI, bronchoconstriction, hypo- or hypertension, cerebrovascular accident, convulsive seizures, atrial fibrillation.
Single-use vials (20mL, 30mL)—10
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder